We agreed our new project horse is going to be called Mouse. He’s a short stout lil’ guy, so the name fits well. Not to mention his longer than normal ears. lol Doc said he might have some Arabian in him. Though he was kidding, I said shush! cause’ my Husband doesn’t like Arabians. He has a small petite head. Baby doll small and really quite feminine looking. Any how. This evening, I went out to worm the horses. My Granddaughter and I made it a team project. She wormed them and I took pictures of the event.
|This was the product we used on Handsome and Jerzey. We used Zemectrin Gold on Mouse.|
Afterwards, we got the grooming tools out. Mouse’s tail had a huge knot in it from being out to pasture. I sprayed some Show Sheen on it and brushed it til’ it came out. That stuff works wonders.
|Look at that knot, would you?|
I took a profile shot. This is going to be the beginning of getting him into better shape. His coat is real dry, he has hair missing, and is desperately in need of loving care. When done, I rigged up the saddle with the new stuff. We fit it to the horse and Makayla rode him around for a few minutes until I noticed his shoulder looked sore. I felt around on it and he flinched. I walked him back and forth for a few minutes wondering why he was limping. As we were discussing possibilities, Makayla reminded us that he received 3 injections on the same side today. She’s so dang smart. Very observant for a 12 year old. I have high hopes for her when she becomes of age. It’s getting late, so I’m off for bed…
|Two days into our new project.|